New Single/Visuals: Twelve'Len - "My Baby"

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000152641385-caypy7-t500x500.jpg

It's extremely appropriate that the new Twelve'Len single from the forthcoming album FRIENDS blossoms on the first day of spring. And after hearing it, I truly hope the music never stops being created, because I can't stop listening/watching the new single/video My Baby since the link was shared with me before the official release earlier today.

My Baby is such a good song who's totality exists on a different musical plane than most of the music coming out today. Twelve'Len's My Baby is a freeing song that centers my soul and emotions. The sound production (handled by Nick Leon x Zach Fogarty) is some of the most pleasing music I have come across. The tender rumble of the drums do more than hit, they possess their own hypnotic chant that speak to the muted jumpy strums and single rhythm-creating plucks of the guitar. The shake of the tambourine and the light hum of the keys and claps work with the "vocals by Twelve'Len" to rain down this dope energy of togetherness that evokes dancing, bringing forth this beauty of love that Twelve'Len is so great at exposing in every song. Twelve sings without a care in the world because of the pure happiness he feels for a woman, aiding My Baby in expressing love stronger than any of their other songs, if you ask me. The best part is how the song manifests visually.

The video for My Baby (dir. by FXRBES) shows the music living through Twelve'Len. He's dancing cheerfully avant-garde on the beach, at a carnival, in the street -- everywhere just to let the world know his love for his baby. It's dope. It's complete expression of the body and motion. I was inspired to create and I loved just watching it. I believe FXBRES caught the elation in the environment and in Twelve so well and so simply, yet it was infectious. It is a video and song that will definitely make you smile. Music and/or visuals that can accomplish this go a long way. Good music and a smile are vital to our world. And it was here in spades for me. I can't imagine what's in store when FRIENDS is officially out. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

So check out My Baby below and enjoy.

         

Comments