NEW MUSIC: Dyemond Lewis "Focus" (Prod. By TreeLo)

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000150907216-f9goc1-t500x500.jpg

When you've literally grown up with Dyemond Lewis' music, gone through high school adopting certain gems in his music to apply to your life, it makes you proud to see how far he's come musically. And that's exactly where I'm at with his new heat, Focus (prod. by TreeLo).

Focus is Dyemond Lewis ascending to that level musically that completely syncs with his mentality. Dyemond has always been a dope MC, but Focus is in a more elite lane. The unphasable frame of mind he raps with is inspirational and impressionable. I walked away from this song feeling less clouded about where I'm taking my craft. Dyemond's wordplay helps push his motives and my way of thinking further. What he did with the word cornea, the Wayne Gretzky and ice line was a glimpse of the cleverness in Lewis' raps. And a sure-fire way that he showed his greatness. This entire song is something I (we all) need to adopt in our everyday way of thinking. How Dyemond Lewis offers up DJ Khaled-esque words of wisdom and inspiration to keep you on the path to your definition of success is a blessing to have in your ear. It made me feel great. It made me want to put in an extra 150% to show you all and more importantly myself that I've done what I said I was gonna do -- exactly what Dyemond Lewis does on this track. No one is going to slow him down. No one can see him or what he's doing. And TreeLo's beat assists in his way of thinking perfectly.

This beat has a frame of mind all its own. TreeLo made this thing grind in silence and made sure "they" never knew what you're working on. The breezy chimes, drums that sounded like they wanted to bust through the ground and keys that I thought tip-toed through this track had a sound of confidence regarding what was about to come. Something about the way the beat truly existed in the background added to the mystery of what's to come out of Dyemond's focus. It was dope and added to the fire that this joint lit underneath me. This is such a good song that I would advise anyone to listen to when the goals become clouded. Because it will definitely assist in getting you back on the right road.

I just hope this road on Focus for Dyemond Lewis leads to a new project. That will make the entire year a great one.

Listen to Focus below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
        

Comments