New Beat: eu-IV - "SPRING"

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000152640347-jppxr7-t500x500.jpg

I'm really starting to love instrumentals over songs with lyrics more and more each day -- the creative freedom of the listener and artist is unreal. It's like taking a journey with no map, and I love where I've landed after spinning eu-IV's SPRING a couple times.

SPRING is a beat constantly at work. I listened to this beat as having so many little mechanics all pushing towards one goal. The smooth ride of the jumpy drums drew in this unexpected coolness 'go with the flow' attitude that matches Spike's attitude when he kicks back and smokes his cigarette from the 'Whatever happens, happens' scene from Cowboy Bebop. The constant clinks of what sounds like bottles hitting, washboards at work and other mechanical and metal objects clashing with 808 speed put me in the boiler room with Kamaji from Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away. Those sounds working with eu-IV's light hypnotizing hums of his keys kept my mind stagnant in a state of meditation through music. For me the music was very calming and evoked strong anime imagery. It was an awesome mental adventure that became fully centered by the end of this quick track. SPRING is a dope beat that I'm eager for all y'all to hear. So peep SPRING below and hopefully get lost in your own world.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com

Comments