Cehryl's "pockets" is Poetic Pain in a Quaint Musical Space

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000150934444-ymb3aa-t500x500.jpg

Wow, what a lovely talent Cehryl is. Her song pockets randomly popped up on my SoundCloud and I've gotta say I feel blessed that it did, because I love her sound and this song. It was the perfectly odd release of relaxation that I needed today. And I had to share it.

As I listened to pockets, I felt like I was adrift in a beautiful quaint space with non-stop rain storms. pocket's gelid keys had a lasting ring throughout the progression that grew ever so lonelier. The self-described "neo-something" strings of the guitar try their best to sooth with their smooth strums, but the glum tick of the 808s and muffled drums underscoring the sound and emotion keep you out in the rain. Which isn't bad by any means; it's actually a realistically cool place to be in and it put me in a space of a sad introvert within the song, thanks to the production and Cehryl's poetic songwriting.

When Cehryl sings on pockets, I hear the coldness in her heart beating up against her emotional quest to warm it all by her lonesome with her metaphorical pockets for the fix. It was dope. The pain she sang about was there from start to finish and she sounded wonderful. With pockets, Cehryl drew me into her personal space that was full of raw emotion, all laid out on the table and it made for a good emotionally fueled song that I like a lot.

I'm excited to stick with Cehryl and see what else comes from her as she grows musically. I hope you all are down to do the same.

Listen to pockets below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
            

Comments