Song of the Week: "Another Life" By Kyle Dion



I've gotta come out thanking Kyle Dion right away. His song Another Life made choosing Song of the Week this week a breeze. As soon as I heard the song, it never left my headphones. Another Life is one highly addictive song that I want as many people as possible to hear and enjoy.

Everything about Another Life, I love. The song's opening of those wondrous xylophones resonate as an elementary type energy for me. They remind me of the feeling an elementary school kid would have playing the instrument in music class, emitting a youthful sound ensconced in the creative freedom that's heard on this dope track. Then it jumps right into intro drums that awesomely made me think of Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up for a split second, creating an even newer sound and energy I existed in that I would describe as combining black 90's fashion with the fun of 80's pop-up videos. It's dope, because the new energy that was created doesn't stay with me for long. So it's all the more appreciated.

Once Kyle Dion's verse actually starts and I hear his vocals I am transported right into modern times, feeling this forever young type of vibe. Dion's vocals just give me a strong feeling of glee on this track. I love the way he views his relationships on Another Life. I saw the entire song as an art project that Kyle Dion is creating. To me, he was taking one bad relationship and recreating it in another life where it's good, where they grow just as much as he's grown in terms of his career, but at the same time he's still cool waiting for the growth to blossom naturally while existing in his actual life where maybe they don't/won't work out. Even though I'm pretty sure that's not truly the perspective of the song, it's still why I love it so much. Another Life gives me creative freedom to look at this song in an abstract way, which may or may not match up with how Kyle Dion meant for the song to be interpreted. And that's awesome. Plus, more importantly, the song is damn good. So again, thank you, Kyle Dion. You've got some vibrant music that can be explored over and over again, making it my pleasure to choose Another Life for my Song of the Week.

Listen to Another Life below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com

        

Comments