Raury Covers A$AP Rocky's Trippy Lush Song "L$D", Makes it His Own



Raury's music has always been a comforting place to get lost in for me. His vocals do nothing but make me picture myself floating in a small yellow wooden boat, slowly drifting further and further into my pool of thoughts. Whether those thoughts are about social issues, relationship woes or anything else under the sun, Raury's music allows me to live there. Like when Tsubaki (from Soul Eater) went into her own mind to fight Masamune, only peaceful. And his cover of A$AP Rocky's trippy lush track L$D takes me right back to this place and more.

I think the cover dropped four days ago, but it's never to late to appreciate great music. Raury's cover is beautiful. It's set to his live acoustic that already alters the song to completely sound like his own. The very soft strums with small hits to the strings between strums are amplified by the guitar's soundhole, giving the cover that bob, that rhythm where a drum would be needed. It's actually a simple technique I learned when I played the guitar, but it does so much for a personal enclosed jam session like this one. It gave this cover such a warm sound for me, I felt like I was in the room wrapped up in every note, lost in the warmth of the music. It was magic only created by a live performer such as Raury. Not only does he sound exactly the same as the CDQ version of his songs, but he adds an extra zest to the cover that always has my heart and soul mingle with each listen. He really pulls out the love element even further here, actually going on the journey A$AP intended the song to be. Only it's Raury's path. And that needs to be appreciated on all levels of artistry.

Raury's L$D cover is right behind Childish Gambino's cover of Tamia's So Into You. Like that cover, Raury's needs to reach that level of praise. It's too good not to.

Watch both covers, the OG L$D Visuals & the Soul Eater fight below.

Lead Photo Cred: dsreps.com

                  

Comments