Qari's Song/YAKUB FILMS-Directed Film "CATERPILLAR, BUTTERFLY" is Heart Warming

Embedded image permalink

Man, my dude Qari (of the soon to be former collective Hurt Everybody) is just as dope as a solo artist. We finally got his first solo effort in the form of a short film/song entitled "CATERPILLAR, BUTTERFLY" that was directed by YAKUB FILMS. And truth, these visuals couldn't be more heartfelt for me. Seeing Qari playing with his adorable daughter, seeing his smile takeover his whole face, his eyes lighting up as he watches his little girl have fun is a beautiful thing to see. Especially that father daughter bond that I think Yak captures so well. I felt genuine happiness watching Qari and his daughter enjoying themselves. It was dope. It all came off as very human, very normal in the sense of knowing what you need in life, knowing what's really important. That's how I see it. Listening to "CATEPILLAR, BUTTERFLY" only enhanced my way of thinking about it.

Qari's verse working with the beat's playful tambourine-ish jingle and good mood drums in my opinion made the entire song sound like he was spitting about the right path to take. I heard his flow as being mad soft in tone and a bit reflective. Kind of like he's the man now because he has all he needs in life, because of the wave he's on due to the path he's chosen. And that wave is one you can be on if you caterpillars finally decide to become butterflies. I don't know if that was his intent, but either way the music is dope, the visuals are tight. Qari and Yakub Films did a good job. I've gotta thank them for it, and I wish much future success to Yak, Qari and his daughter. Can't wait to see what's next.

Watch "CATERPILLAR, BUTTERFLY" below. Enjoy.

Lead Photo Cred: twitter.com

Video Cred: youtube.com
      
       

Comments