Nobodies Show They Won't Be Stopped With "Perfect Cell"



I've been focusing so tough on expanding my writing into different genres and sharing hand-picked tracks for Song of the Week amid other things I'm beginning to create that I slipped on sharing some of that dope underground hip-hip I discover daily with y'all. This song I bring to y'all today is from the duo Nobodies that will always have a home on my blog Back To The Elements. I missed writing about this song upon its initial release, but I peeped it. And I knew I couldn't miss showing my official support/love for their latest song Perfect Cell (ft. Dr. Evil).

Perfect Cell is truly my mood lately, manifested into music. Perfect Cell floats on a Kanye-esque type wave, with Jahrah sometimes having the feels of Ye-sounding ad-libs. Jah's 'never slow down' drums sounding fast and furious like they just pulled a heist and the cops are hot on their trail. Those distorted synths made me picture myself in an action game with nonstop firefights. My dude MTFR paralleled the same heist attitude in his verses. He's lyrically trying to rip the competition apart. Nobodies convey on this track that they've reached that state of Perfect Cell. And I agree (as far as South Florida artists go). I think Nobodies are one of the top artists coming out of there so anyone can try to explode what they're building, but like Cell, they'll just come right back at full strength. And that's how I heard this song. It made me think that I'm unstoppable with what I'm doing. Their 'no one makes harder tracks than us' mentality made me think of my own attitude about my writing: no one writes like me, no one appreciates this music like me, and no one lives in the music like me. We're all unique. It's dope for anyone to have that type of confidence, which I think "Perfect Cell" gives you. Whether you get it through Jahrah's sick beat, or Matt's cool verse. So I have to thank them both. One, for putting me in that frame of mind. And two, for the cool track with that Dr. Evil sample that just works. It further makes their mission clearer in a comedic way that freshened up Perfect Cell. So thank you.

Listen to Perfect Cell below.

Lead Photo Cred: https://twitter.com/the_artlawd
 

Comments