KAYTRANADA x BADBADNOTGOOD Tear up The Remix to Jamie Woon's "Sharpness"

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000148202602-kyw8a3-t500x500.jpg

Holy sh*t, Jamie Woon's joint Sharpness (KAYTRANADA EDIT) needs to be the score to my life.

This track is constantly on the move. Sharpness is the coolness of Black Dynamite, Sharpness is Mr. Fox's (from Fantastic Mr. Fox) life manifested into music. This song is just that smooth, just that cool. The drums, courtesy of one of my personal favorites BADBADNOTGOOD, are sick. Especially that nasty snare that snatches all the groove I have in my body and moves my feet without any effort. The baseline is undeniably funky, but in a lowdown kind of way. The way KAYTRANADA plays off those sounds with his royal variety show horns takes this song to a new jaunty creative space for me. I now imagine this song is what is in a constant loop inside an underwater robot's artificial mind while he mirrors the Spongebob walk cycle. The music is just so lively that it can't be contained, this is that kind of electric beat I feel all throughout my body, only made even more uncontrollable by Jamie Woon's vocals.

Woon's vocals were pleasingly hypnotizing. He sounds so good. His voice on this Sharpness edit sounds like he's my conscience materialized and is now taking me through a montage from the genius of the universe until now. Jamie Woon's vocals are just that on the move, matching the beat's movement, with the affect he has on his voice helping to create a myriad of activity in my imagination when I listen to it. It's fantastic. The fact that the music is uncontrollably funky, groovy, jazzy and addictive would be enough, but where the music has taken me is the bonus I appreciate just as much. So check out this gorgeous KAYTRANADA edit for Jamie Woon's Sharpness below, certain to be one of the best things you've ever done.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com

      

Comments