Twelve'Len Paints a Warming Love Story With Their Canvas "PINK"





Remember this article, because Twelve'Len will completely blow up this year. These dudes are different types of creatives who's music I have to stop, get lost in and truly listen to. Twelve'Len is genreless. Many artists or acts claim that they belong to no genre, yet their music never reflects that. Twelve's does. To me, their music is the soundtrack to Spring. All I think about when I listen to the music is flowers, the beach and splashes of warm colors meeting on an empty canvas all at once. Twelve's music makes me revel in my youth, and with their latest free LP "PINK" I experience all this and then some.

First things first, I love this LP. "PINK" is dope as sh*t. The first track of the five song LP is "MISS LADY PINK". This song has this awesome summer love feel that's totally freeing. The live instrumentation from members Zach Fogarty (Guitarist, Producer) and John Falco (Drums, Producer) set the entire mood. Zach's Guitar riff is what gives me that freeing feeling. John's drums with Vares Joseph's vocals is what made me feel like I'm in store for a fun, Spring/ Summer Break-type of night. And all of them in tandem painted a picture in my head. I was on a date at a carnival that Twelve'Len happened to be playing at. And because of "MISS LADY PINK"'s pop-rock sound I was inclined to imagine falling in love. It was magic that could only have been brought on by this kind of sound, the certain way Zach switched and played his chords, the way the drums sounded adventurous and Vares' vocals driving the idea that there is one girl out there that has everything you want and need, all created for me flawlessly - sounding damn good, too. I couldn't have asked for a more dope song to kick off "PINK".

By the time I got into the second song of "PINK" I was completely sold on this LP. The best way I can describe how "YOU AND I" sounds is to compare them to an alt-rock garage band that took all of their open resistance and transformed it into music slated to be the anthem of rebellion. Vares Joseph's vocals sound so cool and sell the entire attitude of the song. For one, he sounds like he's performing live, giving the entire track a raw feel emotionally that was amped with the instrumentation. Two, he legit just sang for this girl about how all he wants to do is run away with her, for it to be them against the world. It was dope. And something we all can relate to on one level or another. Zach Fogarty's riffs are great throughout the entire project, but they're really special to me on this song. His guitar sings with the same careless attitude Vares has, only I felt Zach's Guitar gave "YOU AND I" an idea that these two aren't afraid of the future because they have each other and happiness. It was interesting, it created a scenario in my mind that melded perfectly with the music. Two people are running together on a beach. They don't know where they're going, nor what's up ahead, but love is guiding them so they aren't afraid. Anxious, maybe. But not afraid. It was a scenario only rock could create for me, and I gotta thank Twelve'Len right here for that.

As "PINK" progressed I fell deeper in love with the music. The genres began to blend, they showed more versatility while still focusing on love. The track "PACKING" I thought met somewhere between new wave and Nile Rodgers-type funk mixed with some of today's pop. The tempo is quick, with twitchy, agitated-feeling rhythm guitar. John Falco's drums (which are everything here) gave "PACKING" an infectious inviting desire to dance. All I wanted to do was have a good time. This song made me smile, the background vocals sound so great with Vares' happily blindly optimistic vocals. "PACKING" is easily my favorite song off "PINK". Back to my beach scene for a minute: it was during a pink sunset with a girl I met during the summer. We were sitting near the water knowing our time together would soon be coming to an end. Zach Fogarty's guitar solo outro on "PACKING" accented that image for me vividly. It was beautiful. Music makes me see and feel things all the time, but my mental images haven't been this lucid in a while. All due to three songs. I'm sure by this point you all get the idea of what Twelve'Len's music means to me, so I don't need to get into "PINK (INTERLUDE)" or "SHE WENT TO SEATTLE". I'll leave those two tracks for you all to discover and interpret on your own.

I hope you enjoy this dope ass LP as much as I did. And I need to thank you again for this incredible body of music, Twelve'Len. It's been a true pleasure listening.

Check out "PINK" in full below.

Lead Photo Creds: twitter.com
          
            

Comments