MTFR Kills All Wonder About Where He's Headed With His Rick Brown Prod. Track "PRE."

Embedded image permalink

The only way to bring in the new year is with new music, and MTFR got us covered on that front.

The new track entitled "PRE." (prod. by Rick Brown) is a solidly dope song that sets Matt's entire tone for the new year. His verse is goal oriented with a cocky flow. His focus is sharp and never wavers. We are convinced about what he wants to accomplish throughout this track. The focus he has jumped out at me and coerced me to echo his attitude. MTFR is really good at infusing attitude and raw emotion into his songs that can't be ignored; what he does on "PRE." follows suit. 

Rick Brown's beat can't be ignored, either. It starts out with so much grind but midway through I felt a moment of letting up, then immediate resilience. The first minute or so of the track are these high dings, rings and chimes accompanied by some very coarse drums. They feed "PRE." that feeling of wanting and trying to prove one's greatness in a mad relatable way that gets topped with the sudden add of the 808 drop and kicks. They usher in a cool confidence and reassurance that MTFR is gonna get to where he wants to get to. The 808s create a nice organized aggression which is a good way to end the song. There are no questions, there is no wondering. I knew he opened the door and walked through it, in turn making me feel I can do the same, which is the best thing I picked up about this song.

"PRE." is really showing MTFR's music is growing all the time. His songs hit me as a personal motivator, so much so that I can't wait to hear what's coming next from the South Florida artist.

Check out "PRE." below.

Lead Photo Cred: twitter.com
               

Comments