David Bonds, Cam $teez & King Kaleb Flex on Their Song "Red Adidas"



Sometimes undiscovered artists make some of the coolest songs. And Colorado artists David Bonds, Cam $teez, and King Kaleb got that in abundance with one of their latest tracks, "Red Adidas".

This track is definitely some of my favorite rapping from Bonds and Cam $teez, Although I'm unfamiliar with King Kaleb, it's plausible to believe that this is some of his best, as well. The beat for one is mixed a lot better than with previous David Bonds songs. I mess with the beat's kicks and 808s the most. They possess a certain type of attitude that comes across as cocky, but it works well on this track. It made my head bigger listening to it. And the small hint of lightly dark synth chords that occasionally lie underneath the punchiness of the kicks reminded me of the synths from Travis Scott's "Don't Play". They weren't as sinister and medieval as they were on Travis' song, but I think it did bring a little darkness to the attitudes all three of them are carrying on this track.

With that being said, David Bonds' verse lightens "Red Adidas" up. His verse is purely flexin'. He stays in the realm he usually does, on a self-proclamation tip, but with a lot more aggression which makes him flow a lot more smoothly. The flow pulled me into the large ego mind-frame, which was dope. Cam $teez takes the direction Bonds sets up and starts to run with it. His back and forth with his muddy auto-tuned and clear focused flow gave the track a little bit of life. Things didn't grow stale for me musically like I think it could have if Cam decided to go strictly auto-tuned. The way his verse sounds also took me to a drunken night that I'm guaranteed of not remembering the next day (no, I've never experiencing that). And if music can make me feel, see, or think about something I never have, it's good in my book. The true thing that impressed me on "Red Adidas was the final verse, King Kaleb's verse. I think this dude might have snapped the hardest. He has a malicious flow that is unforgiving. He seemed the most unphased and unstable. Like he could flip at any time during the song. He created an imposing feeling of "you should feel unsafe" and I appreciate moments like that with music.

"Red Adidas" is without a doubt my favorite song from either of these artists. I'm glad to be hearing the improvements and being able to simply enjoy cool music. Keep it up.

Listen to "Red Adidas" below.

Lead Photo Cred: twitter.com
      
 

Comments