Choo Jackson Goes Inside His Fears & Thoughts For His Big Jerm, Jay Card & Dru Tang Prod. Song "All Alone"



The space a song puts you in is so important. I pay meticulous attention to everything that happens in my mind, with my senses and with my emotions when I'm listening to music. How a song makes me react is a big deal. And Choo Jackson's latest song "All Alone" (prod. by Big Jerm, Jay Card & Dru Tang) has taken me to an awesome place.

"All Alone", which dropped right at the end of 2015 is so damn catchy I just had to still write about it. The hook of this insanely infectious song is what won me over first. It's sung with a dope love element in the mix about the frighting thought of dying alone. The way Choo Jackson sings it offers a cool relationship with the beat, in my opinion. His singing is enhanced with light auto-tune while the enthusiastically jumpy drums and kicks give you an energy boost. The speedy 808s and snare kit rolls provide reassurance that things are gonna be okay as long as you keep pushing on, and they made me look at places inside of myself that I never explored. I momentarily became wrapped up in the thought of dying alone, which could happen, along with other deeper questions I don't normally ask myself. It was an amazing moment that I'm glad I went through. It's even more amazing that Choo Jackson, Big Jerm, Jay Card and Dru Tang brought me into the same type of introspection that he was going through solely off a hook and a beat. If that was the song in its entirety, I'd be satisfied. But there's still Choo's verse to discuss.

His verse really takes us through the journey he's gone through that put him in such a foggy mindset - from being used to being called a loser to immediately switching up to showing a fighting drive led by determination. It was a moment in the song that ended up being the smoothest, just by how he changed the song's tones so easily and managed to keep the same flow. Jackson never showed any specific cadence to give "All Alone" an uplifting feeling; that feeling was automatically adopted because all the themes are from a real place. It was a moment in the track I couldn't help but smile at and feel inspired.

I really love "All Alone". What this song made me think about is something I won't soon forget. I haven't been consistent with Choo Jackson's music, but after this one, I'd say he just gained a dedicated fan.

Listen to "All Alone" below.

Lead Photo Cred: thedailyloud.com
              

Comments