Choo Jackson Completely Re-Twists & Snaps His MJNICHOLS-Produced Track "Go Home"



I've been waiting for Choo Jackson's "Go Home". Ever since I saw his trailer for "Anime" (Feb. 9) and a snippet of "Go Home" was the soundtrack for the trailer, I had to hear it. I immediately knew it was banger that Choo was gonna snap on. Now, after sitting with "Go Home" I see it as that and so much more.

The MJNICHOLS-produced track is menacing. This is one of those songs you can't play unless it's loud. That's the only way I listened to this song. I was completely submerged in each element of the beat. I thought MJNICHOLS' 808s were assassin-like. They kind of snuck up on me, although I was always expecting the 808 drop to happen. Once they started rolling, they had a tough sting to them that created a dope sense of intimidation and hard work. Fuse that with the drums that knock with pure grit and you've got a banger with a lot of personality. And mind you, Choo Jackson's verses haven't even been discussed yet.

Aside from Jackson's verses being catchy as hell, it made me want to work hard, to never stop my grind. That's what his verses and hook entail anyway. Working hard, being about your sh*t or going home. Very simple and to the point. Choo Jackson doesn't have time to be around people who aren't progressing or pushing him to progress on this track. He's completely focused, and that's a big reason why I mess with "Go Home" so much. The other reason I love this song is what it makes me think of as it pushes me. The straight banger aspect of "Go Home" has me thinking about my friends and the best times I had with them. The exuberance of the beat and Chooie's infectiously determined upbeat tone really put me in high spirits and made me think of past parties, chillin' playing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U with the homies, and everything else that was a good time. And if y'all know by now, I love music that makes me reminisce, so I have to thank Choo Jackson and MJNICHOLS for this song. They both snapped in many ways that spoke to me in a way I didn't expect. So again, thank you.

Listen to "Go Home" and watch the "Anime" trailer below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
     

        

Comments