Timbaland & !llmind Master the Force With Their Newest Instrumental "The Force (TURN UP)"



 

Timbaland, who is one of the nastiest producers ever, joined forces with fellow beatmaker !llmind and dropped off a dope instrumental yesterday entitled "The Force (TURN UP)". I think the people, creatures, and droids of Star Wars wouldn't mind bumping this exuberant track in the Mos Eisley Cantina. We might even find Luke Skywalker chillin' out to this one in his X-34 landspeeder, and as a Star Wars fan just having those connections, creating these in-world scenarios makes this instrumental so good to me.

The track is just under three-minutes but it manages to establish such a demanding sound, offering cool little samples while getting us more hyped for "The Force Awakens". "The Force (TURN UP)" isn't a beat you'd expect from Timbaland, or !llmind for that matter, but when I sat with it and picked some things apart I could tell those are some Timbo drums. They're heavy and just have so much kick. I instantly pictured his face when he knows a beat is nasty once I heard it. Top that with !llmind's instant infectious touch and you have a match made in heaven. Mind puts this dope Electronic Pop/Boom Trap feel to the already underlying hip hop influence, so the all around atmosphere that the song has is spacey. At times listening to "The Force (TURN UP)" I sat back with my eyes closed and pictured interactions with robots, riding out in space or just the Star Wars universe in general. It was a real dope experience that was only made stronger by the constant samples of Darth Vader lines, Ben Kenobi lines, lightsaber noises and many other cuts taken from the movies. It's amazing production. I believe Timbaland and !llmind represented the Star Wars universe pretty well in instrumental form. I would love to hear another joint beat from the two greats. Maybe we'll get that on Timb's Christmas released mixtape "King Stays King". If not, I'll be playing this one in rotation with the tape.

Listen to "The Force (TURN UP) below.

Lead Photo Creds: harlemworld.wordpress.com/thecouchsessions.com
    
  

Comments