Melo-Zed Inspires & Collides Worlds With His Latest Instrumental "Khaleds Keys"



I will never be able to fully express my love for instrumentals. The worlds they help me create within my mind are always so vast. Music can be such a transformative power, but instrumentals quickly check me right back into realizing how lucky I am for just being a complete consumer of the music. I don't have to worry about anything except for being a fan because that's all I am. And as a fan, I love where this Melo-Zed instrumental entitled "Khaleds Keys" takes me.

Melo ingeniously takes samples of DJ Khaled's success tips that he sprouts on Snapchat and places them randomly throughout the beat. Utilizing Khaled's inspirational takeover already made this track uplifting. I felt like I was winning just listening to it. The Khaled samples aren't what took me to these special places, though. It was the inviting drums and the claps with such an addicting groove. It was the comforting spirit-like vocals and the 'he's and hmm's' that were sung with so much wonder and discover. And it most definitely was the technological-sounding bassline along with every other sound effect thrown into this instrumental. At times the music made me think of J Dilla, Madlib and DOOM. Some parts of "Khaleds Keys" sound like a direct descendant of their style of producing but Melo-Zed managed to make it all his own, making how much I like this track sky rocket.

All of these elements assisted in transporting me to this world in my mind right away. Melo-Zed's style in this beat sounded so anime to me that I immediately visited the world of "Cowboy Bebop". I know the music's principle in "Cowboy Bebop" is jazz, but I think this instrumental would make a dope Vine-length to full-length AMV. I imagined being a space cowboy listening to this, and any song that tugs at my imagination so effortlessly is something I hold in high regard. Melo-Zed killed this instrumental. Not only is it great to vibe to, but it can take us to many places and give any of us an emotional attachment to the music as it did for me. That's what good music does.

I'm more than curious about what the rest of Melo-Zed's beats sound like, so while I go find out I advise y'all to check this out.

Listen to "Khaleds Keys" below.

Lead Photo Cred: soundcloud.com
           


   

Comments