Kyle Puts a Nice Spin on Kid Cudi's Warm Track "Up Up & Away"



I've always dreamed of a Kid Cudi x Kyle collab happening, and I would love to say we finally got that. But Kyle did cover Kid Cudi's "Up Up & Away" and I'm still all smiles right now.

The cover that Kyle performed live at The Ventura Theatre back in November was a really hype moment. I saw some clips (via a little bit of the performance on SnapChat), but I could tell it was a special set since it was King Wavy returning to his old high school. Kyle put a little cut of his cover of the Cudi song on SoundCloud yesterday and man, did Kyle make it his own in such a short amount of time. He starts the cover singing his own bridge from "SuperDuperHero (feat. SuperDuperBrick)" before giving "Up Up & Away" its props and respectfully covering it. The best way to describe his cover is simple to say that it's so Kyle. He infuses the importance of being happy, not caring about people's opinions of you, just being yourself and making your dreams happen. He stays true to the original and keeps in Cudi's original hook. Just the audio of the performance gave me a nostalgic feeling of when Kid Cudi's "Man On The Moon: The End Of Day" dropped. He was able to retain that warm personal sound the original track had and I applaud him on that. Kid Cudi's early music means a lot to a lot of people (including myself) and Kyle's cover came from a real place that was felt and that was loved. I would love to hear Kyle cover another Cudi song, [CDQ]. That would make my year.

Listen to the Cover and original "Up Up & Away" below.

Lead Photo Cred: twitter.com

Video Cred: youtube.com


        

Comments