CP Summons Kyle for His Emotionally Real Track "Right Now"

cp-kyle-right-now2

Very few songs are able to become completely vulnerable and show the listener who that person making the song really is. CP's new song entitled "Right Now" ft. Kyle does exactly that in a really cool way.

The song, just shy of three-minutes opens, with what I would say is very somber piano. The pace is extremely slow and each key played is so perfectly spaced apart that I immediately felt lonely listening to it. I don't know if that was the intended feeling CP and Kyle wanted to evoke but I actually enjoyed that temporary feeling of isolation. It's not an emotion I feel often and by no means is it a bad thing. Once CP's vocals come in is why this track is so cool. His singing somehow made me feel even more isolated. His vocals sound nice, sung in a Chris Brown type of vocal range, but his tone sounds very heartbroken to me. And there are these lonely snaps that echo into nothing before this quick sequence of 808s and drums pounces on you. It really kept me on my toes after that, and it kept this song sounding fresh with the change of pace. As soon as Kyle's verse comes in is when that vulnerability and understanding of who Kyle the person is comes in to play. Kyle spits a quick story on how he wanted to be Spider-Man as a child before clinging onto this tangent of realizing your dreams and making them happen for you and the people that matter. It's a dope verse that changes up the tone of "Right Now" and actually showed the chemistry of CP and Kyle. Their points of view on the song are so different but they blend so well that they're able to hit multiple emotions for the listener. I absolutely love it. The song is strong and makes me want another CP x Kyle collab ASAP. Let's hope we get another one soon.

Listen to "Right Now" below.

Lead Photo Cred: sunsetintherearview.com
             

Comments