Yoshi Thompkins' New Track "Get Out, Come In My Room" is the Art of Duality & Creates a True Feeling of Highness





Yesterday Yoshi Thompkins dropped a dope new track that I'm sure a lot of you missed. Yoshi's newest song entitled "Visions: Get Out, Come In My Room" is prod. by @PXSH6XD (POSHGOD) and is the perfect example of how mood music can play a dual role.

"Visions: Get Out, Come In My Room" takes Thompkins' relaxed mid octave-sounding flow, and combines it with POSHGOD's trance-inducing rings, chimes and constant claps in the beat to sonically create a state of highness. Well, at least it did for me. The beat created that entire feeling and gave this song its first role of being mood music. Yoshi's verse is what give the entire song duality. At first, Yoshi's verse is chill and is filled with smoking references, but he starts getting a bit more philosophical as his verse carries on. Questioning his existence, exposing the reality of where he comes from and facing the realization that things will be harder because of the darker hue of his skin. Thompkins faces some very serious questions and situations in this song that I know I've faced in real life. So it makes this track that much more relatable to me. Yoshi Thompkins mixes in questions and delivers them in such a nonchalant way while sounding high, which in no way stops him from coming to these crucial realizations. Perhaps his high state makes the grim realization that much more abundantly clear, thus keeping that mood music catering to his core even when the subject matter gets serious. It's a nice effect that gives this song personality and an interesting sound altogether. "Visions: Get Out, Come In My Room" is a good song and is one of Yoshi Thompkins' highest points as an artist in my opinion. This is definitely one y'all need to check out. And be on the look out for Yoshi's EP "Khemistry 51". He's on the come up.

Listen to the song below.

Photo Cred: twitter.com
            

Comments