J. Cole Murders Kendrick Lamar's "Alright" with His Remix "Black Friday"

j cole black friday

I don't participate in the madness of shopping on Black Friday, but we all just received the greatest gift I think we're going to get this year. Of course, I could only be talking about the two new songs Kendrick Lamar and J. Cole just sprung on us.

The two songs from the two best out (fact, not opinion) are both titled "Black Friday" and they have me hyperventilating. J. Cole remixed Kendrick's "Alright" and Dot remixed Cole's "A Tale of 2 Citiez" and the superiority these two artists display on these songs is dangerous for their peers and anyone else who wants to exist in Cole and Kendrick's universe. Focusing on Cole, his remix opens beautifully with his line, "If I quote it nigga/I wrote it nigga" and it immediately grabbed me. That line as far as Cole lines go is iconic. He's always dropping these lines that one can live by and that are impressive on a lyrical stand point. This track is no exception. As his verse progresses, Cole stays on a well-deserved braggadocios tip. Towards the end of his final verse is when he starts to throw in a few lines that feeds the people the things they need to be eating. Cole even throws in a last minute barb about something coming in February. I won't get too hung up on that line because I know better. But it has me excited either way.

"Black Friday" is another great song from Cole that shakes the game up, shows the respect and friendship between him and Kendrick and I love it. As a fan I couldn't ask for a better gift. I'm thankful for these semi joint tracks from J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar. It's TDE and Dreamville over everything. Y'all made my year.

Check out "Black Friday" below.

Lead Photo Cred: hiphop-n-more.com
        

Comments