Chief Keef Takes a Step in the Right Direction with His Latest Track "BIH"



Chief Keef is an artist I never could get. I never found the appeal in his music until "Bang 3" (not including Bang 3, Pt. 2) and his verse in Travis Scott's "Nightcrawler" came along. That project and verse began to at least get me to look in his direction musically. And now with his latest track "BIH" (prod. by Sonny Digital) he takes another step in the right direction.

Straight up, "BIH" is just a banger. I know there's a standard formula Drill follows, but this beat is as typical as they come with music that exists in that realm. It does bump and give the song a certain aggression but Sonny's drums, snare rolls and bass line are all things I've before so the song does lack originality to me. With that being said, Keef keeps this song catchy with his verses and hook. That does make this song really easy to vibe to which is the main point. "BIH" isn't trying to attract you with the lyrics or the intricacies. Because it isn't lyrical or intricate. Chief Keef and Sonny Digital just wanted you to get lost in the beat and only pick up on the catchy attributes of what Chief's saying, and that's kinda dope. "BIH" is a nice break from the lyrical thought-provoking music and that's cool every so often. I like it and I am now intrigued with what Chief Keef drops next. 

Listen "BIH" and "Nightcrawler" below.

Lead Photo Cred: themaskedgorilla.com



         

  

Comments