Chevy Woods Gets Back on the Radar with His New Track "Jeter"

Chevy Woods

Chevy Woods has always flown under the radar for me. He's never dropped anything that's caused waves to make me think of him as a front runner. His freshly released track "Jeter" is a nice start to hopefully seeing a really good resume that leads to a dope body of work.

The track (prod. by Bobby Johnson) isn't flashy. Johnson uses a frequently heard bass and familiar snare rolls but it gets the job done. The production makes "Jeter" have this nice hype to it that's enough to at least get a car jumpin'. Woods' verse adds a nice energy to the track as well. He really pushes the idea that his greatness is on a Derek Jeter level. "Jeter" is very simple but I think that adds to its likability. The only major downside to this song is the hook. Chevy is completely off beat when he semi sings it, so it brings "Jeter" down to just being okay for me.

This track is nothing special but it puts Chevy Woods back on my radar. I'm definitely curious to find out what else he has in store.

Check out the song below.

Lead Photo Cred: audiomack.com

Video Cred: youtube.com


           

Comments