Yep. Logic's Single "Young Jesus" is Brutal and Great

 

I come to you all today with a simple question: Why is Logic so nasty? The Maryland rapper dropped the first single from his sophomore album "The Incredible True Story" today and all I can say is damn.

The track entitled "Young Jesus" featuring Big Lenbo is produced by 6ix and is the play book on how to abuse a track for one. Logic's verses are pure mayhem. His technical delivery is precise throughout the entire duration of the song. Logic's flow at times comes across at a slower pace, with braggadocios intentions in an authoritative manner fueling the lyrics. At the drop off a dime, he changes it up to drift in and out of his rapid gun fire flow that rose him to the godly status of young Jesus. However, as much as Logic snapped and impressed on this track, the true heavy weight title has to go to Big Lenbo. He hit us with all these incredible one-liners that brings the 90-esque brawler Mafioso track to fruition. Lenbo's two lines "Smack you with the palm/Save the back for your mom" will forever live in my mind as I try to cook up what that looks like in my imagination. And his line "I'm unscanable young cannibal/Eat wack MC's like Hannibal/Cause Joe Pesci's my spirit animal" verbally summed up what Logic and Big Lenbo want to do to you.

This is a really good song that makes me excited and start to speculate where "Young Jesus" fits conceptually with "The Incredible True Story". If I had to guess, I'd say "Young Jesus" is one of the oldies a part of Thomas and Kai's conversation about music from long ago. But then again "Under Pressure" could be the music from long ago, so I'll hold off on any final thoughts about the album until it drops.

Be the judge for yourselves and check it out below.

Lead Photo Cred: reddit.com

             

Comments