Kyle Links up with Chance The Rapper for Their New Heartfelt Track "Remember Me?"



As Kyle's album "Smyle" gets closer and closer, more music from the Ventura, California born rapper keeps popping up. Kyle's latest track "Remember Me?" (feat. Chance The Rapper) was only being shown to a select amount of people but yesterday showed up on his SoundCloud and I absolutely love it.

The track that's just shy of four minutes threw me for a loop. When I saw that Chance The Rapper was featured on it, I thought it was gonna be high energy, fun and happy. "Remember Me?" ended up having the high energy but there was also pain, reflection and vulnerability driving the song. Kyle's flow sounds like his inner thoughts so it comes off like a letter to me. If I had to guess who he's talking about, I'd say his father. I could be wrong, but I know Kyle doesn't shy away from expressing how he's feeling in his music. No matter who the song is about, this is a great song. "Remember Me?" touches those going through a hard time and it stretches what Kyle can do in terms of emotional range as an artist. I heard evidence of this with "Wait On Me", but this track takes it to a whole new level. And Chance The Rapper's hook is so sad yet has underlying feelings of hope and promise that it brings everything full circle. I love it and can't wait for "Smyle". It's going to be an amazing album. It's time for all of you to start listening to Kyle. You wont regret it.

Check out the song below.

Lead Photo Cred: pitchfork.com
   

Comments