Kirk Knight Converges with Noname Gypsy & Thundercat for His New Track "Dead Friends"



Kirk Knight just keeps dropping wave after wave of heat and the wait for "Late Knight Special" (dropping October 30th) is becoming unbearable.

The Pro Era member dropped off another new track yesterday entitled "Dead Friends" (feat. Noname Gypsy & Thundercat) and the song takes a different approach to things. The track (prod. by Kirk himself) has this kind of R&B rapport between the beat and the hook along with these angelic vocals backing everything which to me brings out Kirk Knights' versatility not only as a producer but as an artist. As far as subject matter goes, Kirk and Noname focus on the same thing: manifesting on the memory of their dead friends that were either killed or otherwise. "Dead Friends" amazingly made me recall my own personal interactions with my loved ones who have passed. When music can move me that way I automatically love it and I love that Kirk Knight and Noname Gypsy can straight spit, helping to create the proper atmosphere for the listener.

This is a really strong track that sounds different from other Kirk Knight songs and I really like it. "Late Knight Special" is gonna be something special and I can't wait.

Check out the song below.

Lead Photo Cred: noisey.vice.com

     

Comments