Kanye West's Performances with Travis Scott & Vic Mensa were on Epic Proportions

Image result for vic mensa and kanye west summer ends festival

After coming off his back to back L.A. performances of "808s & Heartbreak", Kanye West took the stage as the headliner for the Summer Ends Festival in Tempe, Arizona last night and I was depressed that I wasn't there yet again.

One of the few highlights from the festival showed the man behind "Late Registration" (and many other classics) share the stage with none other than his protege Travis Scott. Travis slowly builds up the hype for their performance of "Piss On Your Grave" until they both jump right into the song. The performance is definitely on an epic level. I knew that "Piss On Your Grave" was a song that couldn't truly be appreciated or find a home until it was heard live and I was right. The song puts La Flame right at home with his untamed way of performing, upping the insanity of everything around him. And the extra energy Yeezus brought to the performance had me jumping around while I was watching it. It was a good performance that affects you whether you were there or not and that's amazing to me.

Kanye West wasn't done there, though. West also partnered up with Vic Mensa to perform "U Mad". When I saw that I nearly lost my sh*t. "U Mad" is my ultimate 'hype' song right now and they killed it. They both know how to rock a crowd and just like the performance of "Piss On Your Grave" I became so engulfed in the music and visuals that I went along with the movements of the crowd as if I were actually there. It was a dope experience that made me appreciate Kanye West, Travis Scott and Vic Mensa as live performers more than I already did. Hopefully I'll be able to see each one of them live at some point in time. After what I just watched, I desperately need to.

Check out the performances below.

Lead Photo Creds: youtube.com/stereogum.com

            

   

Comments