Isaiah Rashad's "Nelly" is a Dope Track That Brings Excitement to His Forthcoming Album



Upon first listen I wasn't feeling Isaiah Rashad's new track "Nelly". When Isaiah takes the singing approach, it's a real hit or miss for me. Sometimes he sounds nasally and the song doesn't work for me. But after letting it stew for a bit I like it.

Rashad starts the track off with a love song tone and mood, appearing to use the hook to explore his love life (or lack there of). When it gets into his verse Isaiah's more reminiscent, touching base on the topic of his sister and what it was like when he was comin' up. Zay takes us into different perspectives outside of his own in such a delicate and inviting way. It's almost like he walks us through his memories and the memories of those closest to him. It's a dope effect that drew me into "Nelly" and helped me realize how good it is. I really like this song. Hopefully we'll start to see Isaiah Rashad putting out more music and creating more buzz for his forthcoming album. I know he has to be up next in the TDE circle to put something out. At least I hope because as much as I love the "Cilvia Demo", it's time for a new project and to keep the TDE reign flourishing.

Check out the song below.

Lead Photo Cred: djbooth.net

Video Cred: youtube.com


         

Comments