Cousin Stizz Drops Dope New Track "The Wave"




By the time I caught the wave of Cousin Stizz's mixtape "Suffolk County" there was so much music dropping around it I didn't get to it. Ever since then I've been dying to write about Cousin Stizz's music and now I get to.

The Boston rapper dropped some new heat today entitled "The Wave" and it's been on repeat. The almost four-minute track manages to amplify Stizz's spellbinding laid-back flow while bringing out the conserved effervescence in the beat. That's why I think this track allows Stizz to shine so brightly. He has such a monotone chorus that it acts as a polar opposite with the beat, allowing the catchiness of it to stick out more blatantly. It really works for Stizz here and gives "The Wave" a real memorable sound for me. I think it's a real dope song that shows his ability to stand out sonically amongst the other up-and-coming rappers.

If you aren't watching Cousin Stizz, it's time you did. He puts out dope quality music and this is another joint he can add to his track record.

Check out the song below.

Lead Photo Cred: noisey.vice.com
             

Comments