A$AP Rocky Completely Transforms "Canal St." on Jimmy Kimmel Live!



A$AP Rocky appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live! a few nights ago and performed "Electric Body" with ScHoolboy Q. Yesterday, new video surfaced of the remainder of Rocky's performance that we didn't get to see.

Flacko performed "Canal St." with Bones and they brought this new sound to the track that to me did not exist when we were confined to listening to the studio version. Don't get me wrong, I love the studio version. "Canal St." has got be my favorite song off "AT.LONG.LAST.A$AP" (with "Fine Whine and "Holy Ghost" as close seconds). But to hear the more solemn tone of the piano, the reflective nature of Rocky's verse, and the realness of Bones' hook transformed into this high energy rap rock fusion track was dope and it is what excites me about A$AP's live performances. He can clearly reinvent his songs and that is exactly what happened here. I never felt like I was watching A$AP Rocky rap. His performance made me completely erase the rapper label he's tagged with. His stage presence, style and ability to control the crowd makes you sit back and see how genreless A$AP Rocky truly is.

This was a good performance. I really liked it. Just based off this I know that his live shows when he's in his element have to be crazy! Can't wait till I get to see that for myself. Until then, this will do.

Check out the performance below.

Lead Photo Cred: mtv.com

Video Cred: youtube.com


          

Comments